View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jazzman
Occasional poor taste poster

Halfway though my first marriage I told my wife I was separating our finances, I didn't ask. I also told her I would pay the lions share of the house hold bills even though our salaries were almost the same. I opened my own checking and savings account and had my paychecks deposited there. I paid all my bills (mortgage included) on time with my income and never looked back. In one year, for the first time since being married I had paid off my only credit card and had money in savings. In two years had saved enough to refinance the house to a lower rate 15 yr loan. She how ever continued to run up credit cards and a year after we were divorced she filed for bankruptcy. Last time I checked my credit score was 820. My first ex has since filed for bankruptcy a second time.

I insisted on separate accounts during my second marriage and that turned out to be a good move too. If you are the only fiancially responsible adult in the family then as far as I'm concerned your husband has forfeited his right to an opinion when it comes to family finances. I guess you can see I feel pretty strongly about that! LOL!!