View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you took the plunge and decided to join. When I was drinking, I used to sit around wondering what was so wrong with me that I just can't have the one simple thing in life that I was searching for, happiness. I wasn't asking for a new car, a nice big house, a job making tons of money, I just wanted to be happy. Why couldn't I be happy?

It took me many years to realize that the drugs and alcohol were the problem, the reason that happiness had eluded me for so many years. When I surrendered, my life soon began to change for the better. No, I don't own a big house, drive a new car or any of that. To me, those things aren't that important. What is, is the happiness that I've finally found in myself. I owe part of that to AA because the Program and the people themselves showed me the way. I found a Sponsor, someone who had what I wanted in my Recovery, she helped me work the Steps and today, I am happy!

It's all One Day at A Time. I'm sure the Steps may look overwhelming, but they are One Step at A Time as well. If this fellow Buckeye can do it, you can too!

God Bless and hope to see you around here on the boards!
Judy