View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm tired

Tough time staying in my 'hula hoop'

I made my AD leave 8 days ago after she was released from an inpatient program as well as 3 detoxes since June with no signs of true recovery happening. She is in more legal trouble--how proud again I was to see her name in the local paper!! NOT!
My dilemma seems to be I am having difficulty in detatchment from her. I will admit I opened legal mail addressed to her that comes to my home due to this is the only way I will know the truth as to the charges she faces yet I am aware it is not MY legal charges. As I write that I am feeling a sense of Who cares--why should I care when she obviously doesn't & continues to drive an illegal car & has racked up countless fines. Thankfully last year the local police advised that we remove her car from our insurance. I also opened mail from a Womens Health Clinic asking she contact them about her lab results & that is very concerning to me. I even considered calling them. Bad I know....

She is obviously staying somewhere warm & safe as any contact from her was a question as to a pain she is having & my reply was brief. I spoke to her last p.m. --her with that angry annoyed tone as if she is the one entitled to be angry with me. Grrr!! This is not the first time I had her leave -probably the 3rd in 4 months yet this time around I am more tired & done than prior.
I wonder if any parents may have some words of experience for me as to the detatching issue. I know that if she is able to find drugs-money for drugs-etc...that she is capable to find recovery as well. In her stints at rehab she had to of gained some tools to lead her to where it is she needs to be to lead a clean productive life. She is uninsured & was told she is not able to receive help through the county until July. As her PO told me "C cannot wait until July". So as I try to get off of this ride I struggle with getting all of me off--not only 1 leg & 1 arm that is off so far.