View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FindingPeace1

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
But this is not "normal." (I did notice you put it in quotes, so I know you didn't mean normal. )

This is the dominant/submissive model we've all been sold. If not by our families, then by society as a whole. (for me it was both) It's the Prince Charming/Cinderella model we've been spoon-fed since we were old enough to comprehend. I, for one, bought into it hook, line and sinker. I just knew that if I was "desirable enough," I could find someone who would "take care of me." The whole thing makes me want to wretch. And I was never the submissive type. But, I bought into the fairytale nonetheless.

What if we taught our children that they are good and worthy and unique all by themselves? What if we showed them by our example that life can take many paths, not all of them "traditional?" What kind of world would we live in if everyone could pursue whatever made their soul dance and their heart sing, whether anyone else agreed with it or not? Ah, that is the world I want to live in.

L
Preach it, Sister!!

I'm not submissive-y either! I AM very people pleaser and its worse with men!

This is GREAT practice with knowing my reality is valid for me EVEN IF a man (or woman or authority figure, for that matter) is telling me its crazy/selfish/no good/hurtful.