View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nichole78

obsessing over my brothers problems

First and foremost he is still clean....just a week shy of 16 months VERY proud BUT here is whats been going on.

He met a girl back in October, a younger girl with a child he is going to be 23 and she just turned 18 ( told him it wasnt a good idea but of course he didnt listen) he met her at a meeting (next mistake). he was in a program kind of like a halfway house, but less rules, had to do meetings and counceling and be in by 1030pm. Well he didnt like the curfew cause he couldnt spend as much time with her as he wanted, so he talks to his family about moving in with his sponser, we thought he had been clean a lot longer then he had been, so we all decided sure if thats what you want go for it, he wanted more independace. well the day he moved in his sponser ended up in the ER for overdosing, come to find out hes only been clean a year himself. SO my brother decided its not the place for him, finds himself homeless yet again (he had been on and off for years do to his addiction) so he starts staying at the gf house, her brother says he can move in until he can find a place blah blah....they get a dog together, then find out she is now pregnant with my brothers child, they are nervous but happy.

A week ago today she turns into an evil evil woman, throws him out in the cold and slaps a restraining order on him, WELL he went into i dont care about anything mode, im going to get high and im going to kill myself.........then he doesnt answer the phone ALL day long! I get a text from him at 10pm saying he is ok. he was hanging out with drug addicts all day long debating on if he should use or not,

He ended up ripping his work check up so he couldnt cash it so he coudlnt use, I was very proud of him for that. Next day mom goes to get his dog cause the gf was going to sell HIS dog, makes my brother come home with her for the night so he has a bed, shower, warm place, He choses not to be there because that is a bad spot for him to be in, old places old friends, says he would rather sleep outside then in that area, but he saw mom upset and went home for the night. Saturday comes she brings him back so he can work, he didnt go to work, hasnt been feeling well due to Hep C instead meets up with her in a public place because of restraining order, so he had witnesses that she came to him, shes crying she misses him wants him back so she calls her brother and he says yes he can come back. So hes happy, talking about the baby, doing his life right, getting his GED all that, Fast foward to last night, they were suppose to sign on an apartment but didnt all of a sudden shes not helping him with any rent cause shes gonna go to school in boston and is taking train and needs her money, Ok so he cant afford it on his own meanwhile his family helped get the money together for him for the security deposit, now he tells me today she is in evil mode again, doesnt want to be touched and just real moody, blames in on pregnancy, Im sure it could be but not to the extent he tells me.

Now, i know im co dependant and i try not to think about his issues but i cant stop thinking about this, why does he stay? is he co dependant? why wont he get a room in case she throws him out again? all this crazy stuff goes through my head all day long, its HIS issue not mine but i feel SO SO bad about it, my heart aches for him, she is not a very nice girl at all, a typical 18 year old selfish person.......i wish he would walk away, he wont. hes gonna sit around until she throws him out and then what? the cycle is going to start over again, i have a child 2 yrs old to worry about and when this stuff goes on its ALL i can think about and im about to lose my mind. I love my brother but i dont love his problems!!!!! When he calls me upset i dont know how to tell him that i cant talk about it, i do my best to give my personal opinion but he never takes advise from anyone, always shoots it down...ugggh loving an addict is so so so hard!! Sorry so long