Thread: Hi I'm new
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Untoxicated
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Well, after yesterdays little slip I feel surprisingly good about it. It's made me think to myself "is this what all of the cravings where for? It's not worth it" and I really don't think it was worth it. I don't feel annoyed with myself or guilty just a sense of well now that's over I can't wait to get this out of my system and become dry again. I realise just how much I like being free of the beer.
Amen to that and welcome!

I had the same feelings and made the same error earlier this month. I think it's probably one of the many reasons alcohol is so baffling. I felt the same disappointment (and almost dread) when I bought the beer and began to drink it. It, as you said, wasn't worth it. I don't know why I ever thought it would be.

They have a saying in AA, (I think it's AA as I'm not a member just yet) "There is nothing worse than a head full of AA and a belly full of booze."

I think I actually felt worse when I was drinking than I did the next day - I was just so glad I learned from it, and I'm glad it wasn't enjoyable or I would probably have started trying to convince myself I didn't have a problem again (pretty counter-intuitive).

I'm glad you're here.