Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Hi, Yer Coke's really popular in the UK. Could get Coke easier than Weed man. Ridiculous.

I abused my fair share and like you would do Coke sitting in my bed alone or whatever.

I am a recovering alcoholic.

I realised I was totally powerless over doing drugs too, once I had drank alcohol, so I made the decision to admit what I am ie - an alcoholic and drug addict.

Coke (snorted) ain't really a physically addicting drug tbh but more of a psychologically addictive drug, so bingeing is common. For me I could stay off it untill my next drink and then I would be back again. Incredible cravings for it for me after a few drinks, more powerfull psychologically than anything I have ever done. Thats what made that first hit so much more rewarding the fact that you are climbing the walls to taste that line hitting the spot.

I spent £1000's in the space of 2 years on it. F*cks your nose and sinuses up really bad too which was one of the main reasons I wanted to give it up as I was suffering real bad and still am 6.5 months sober. Could see how shooting it becomes an option.

I am probably different to you as I am an alcoholic first and foremost but I am also an addict as I will abuse anything TBH once drunk.

I had to totally admit defeat to king alcohol inorder for me to stay clean. I use AA and SR + much wisdom from elsewhere too.

For me I had to totally give up parties, social gatherings where booze/drugs will be around whilst I work on my recovery from my alcoholism.

You have to make the decision of whether you're an addict or not as remember most of those other peers you mix with ain't so they can leave it after a couple of lines, for me doing Coke meant lying wide awake at 5AM calling a dealer to try to get another gram. Madness and recovery has given me more than an overpriced line of dust ever could.

xx