Old 01-27-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JenT1968

Break up or fall in love with sb in recovery?
are these the only choices? can you choose to fall in love with someone?
what about stay friendly, and see if something mature developes in time? If he can't be friends fair enough, that's his call, but if the options are "be with me NOW or be gone" and he's a relapsing addict what would you be losing by being gone?

in your answers above you are with him and not, beguiled by trying to understand how his mind ticks, is he the tortured genius artist waiting for the one truely gifted angel-woman to come into his life and understand-him to a point of cure? is that you? is that complete fairytale nonsense? are you feeling conflicted? confused? unsure? heady? "giving into kisses" against your better nature? on a rollercoaster of emotions? asking questions on an internet site dedicated to alcoholism? after 2 months! you want to be "a rock, a good friend", his knight in shining armour "to the rescue!!"

well hang on, babe, because it gets dark and bumpy and twisted and scary from here on in. Apparently you're hooked by the drama, the chaos, the rush of the highs, the pain of the lows, that instant love, the adoration: star-crossed lovers! (I was too, I damn near broke trying to live it)

read the pain around here and ask yourself:

is this how I want to start a relationship?