Old 01-26-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
qazqaz

Insulated - Thankyou... Yeah, boundries. I think I struggle with them. I always set out with good intentions, but they fail; everything about him makes me want to hug him and in doing so I become the gf in his eyes. Even the conversation - as a person he's a bit chattier than me, so naturally leads more conversations, but it's always challenging why i'm not the gf, not holding his hand and not demanding kisses.
Mostly though I think I am affected by his threat of not being able to have me as a friend and if that's what I want he'll erase me from his life because I dont love him. He fails to appreciate the love I have for him; the love that's akin to that for a sibling or best friend. Somehow though that's not enough, so he'd rather not have it, or something i don't really understand.

Dgillz - You've got a point. I challenged him a couple of times about the marriage and children ideas. He always seems to have a coherent believable answer to everything. He just questioned what was wrong with dreaming of a beautiful future, having met a lovely girl etc and asked if he had to apologise just because he had vocalised his happy dreams etc. I didn't have a good answer to that at the time, but alarm bells began to ring in the sense of what was he basing out brilliant connection on?.