View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

I couldn't agree more with others about SR. Most people don't know about my sobriety or alcoholism because they would not understand what it is like to have an addiction. Some think.....well just stop doing it. Easier said then done and I wouldn't wish alcoholism on my worst enemy.

My ex was the most unsupportive, no good "bleep" to have around when I needed support. He wouldn't go to counseling over marital issues since I was the one with a problem. He said that I needed to stop drinking which I tried many a time and I swear each time the SOB would kick up his drinking with Captain Morgan...my original drink of choice. He would drink several a night when he knew I was on the wagon. I was angry and hurt. As a spouse, he did not identify with me and never made feel as if I had his support. No wonder I failed again and again. I think he was afraid I would leave him if I did succeed in my quest for sobriety.

Just be strong as you are doing this for you. Keep going and it will get easier. I will say from what you wrote that your recovery may be an eye opener for your husband's own drinking. As we all know....as an alcoholic....at whatever stage...you are not ready until You are ready.

Huggs Every day is a better day when we are sober.