View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Sobriety is very tough in the early stages my friend. We are relearning how to do everything, literally. I am learning to have conversations without being wasted and how to function without the dreaded enemy in my life. I am irritable and I would be outright lying if I didn't say that some of the smallest things royally tick me off. Almost bit the hubby's head off because he was trying to make a side dish for dinner and was in my way...WTF? Oh I went off and then I was really sorry because I didn't know what came over me but it passed. Both hubby and I know it is my body and my brain adjusting to the absence of alcohol.

Know that you will get through today and you are sober and will keep going. You are seeing things in your life now for what they are without the haze of alcohol to blind you to it.

As others have said, please seek counseling and discuss what is going on in your home and with family.

You are strong and can do this. Through sobriety you can not only be the better person you are but you can change those things in your life for the better. For now just get through today.

God Bless.