View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:41 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
HercTRock

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain View Post
This is my last post on Dec 09. I joined with the desire to stop all drinking from December 31st, 2009. The way it all panned out I realized I've been doing a good job of gradually reducing my alcohol consumption for a long time. "Everything in moderation" has always been my motto. I thought that considering my life "ideals" and what not, even 2 drinks a nite was a defeat, but in retrospect, I am reducing year by year. Also I feel kind of out of place here since everyone is for total sobriety. Whenever I try to do something unnatural to my body I get a SHOOOOOOCK and go on revolt.

thirty bubba slipped recently, with "one shot", for me if it were only one shot I wouldn't give up. It would be no big deal. Numbers are just numbers. Dates are just dates.
calculations are excellent. But there is a time and season for everything under heaven and man doesn't control the ALL on her own volition.

The all or nothing thing doesn't appeal to me, unless one is like a binge drinker with seemingly no restraint (in this case I really have no advice or experience because there are too many obligations for me to become such, namely a job, people I love and care about etc) . So I'm taking the path of moderation and looking forward to the day when I develop sufficient number of positive escape mechanisms that don't include alcohol and feel no need to drink at all. Actually, I KNOW that day is close, but I know for me, my temperament anyways, setting logical rational expectations don't work
it's about intuitively figuring out the universe as an individual...all the plans designed to fit the masses just don't work. One has to come to terms with Life on their own.
Surely there are people in the same boat and talking about it, "I did this, I did that same as you" sure helps one feel they are not alone... in the end, it's an individual world exp.
one has to work out.

Lots of Love!
and peace out.
I am a binge drinker with no control, so I proscribe to the all or nothing method. I'm sure many people here are in the same boat. Most people I've met in recovery are raging alcoholics (or some other drug), so the whole moderation thing is impossible with them. Of course, this doesn't describe everyone with a drinking problem.