View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jlew35

Oh god, thank you.

I feel like I've been walking on egg shells for the past 2 days. I haven't known what I should or shouldn't do. I don't have to push her to stop because she has made that choice on her own. She told me about her addiction on saturday about 1am. The last time she took a pill was friday at around 6pm.

With how irritable she had been on the days leading up to this, I'm quite sure that she had been slowing down/attempting to slow down up until that point on Friday where she took that pill and said enough. The thing with my girlfriend is she is a very strong and independent woman. Thats one of the things thats made me feel this way for her. She's only 25 and raising a 6 year old daughter. Not only this but she owns her own home!

The comment you made at the bottom of your post. Support her, don't smother her. God thats going to be a hard one. I want to give her the space she needs, but at the same time I want to be there if she needs me. For example, I stayed the night with her last night, but I left after taking her daughter to school for her so she could try to get more sleep. She went to the doctors today and basicly the only time I texted her was to find out if she needed me to pick up her daughter from school. After that she called me to tell me how things went and what the doctor did for her.

I tried not to get too deep into what it was and let her explain to me but of course I had some questions. Not only that but she told me her dealer has been texting her asking her how she's doing. I made the suggestion that she delete the dealers number if she felt comfortable in doing so, but that was really all I said on the subject.

I would also like to thank you for those meeting suggestions. Not only will I look into them, but I will suggest them to her mother as well and perhaps I can go with her mother because her and I are going to be my girlfriends biggest supporting people.

I'm so glad I found this site. The first response to my post felt like it lifted a few pounds of the 1000 lbs load that was put on my shoulders after she told me.