View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Hi Steven and welcome

Originally Posted by Steven35 View Post
Hi,
Everyone I've met here so far has been like an angel to me.. I need gentle help.. I want nothing more than to stop doing this to myself.. I'm not ready for AA or NA.. I need to be clean for a while first.. (does that sound like a rationalization?)
Yes it does sound like one but that's what the disease of addiction does to us. It lies to us all the time to convince us that we can do it our way. You say you need to be clean for a while first well I could ask you, how do you do that? because if you know how to do that, there are plenty of people here who would love to hear the answer, because they don't know it.

Just remember this disease of addiction is cunning baffling and powerful and will do anything to get you to drink/use again. .

We will be gentle with you but people will recommend AA/NA because to a lot of us it is the ONLY solution to getting sober. There are other programmes so do check them out. Whatever you do you have to do something different than you have ever done before because if nothing changes, nothing changes.

Keep posting here. Sharing really does help....it's good for you.