View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Arena

Wink The Root

"I know that drinking at night to help me sleep is just skimming the surface as the real problems and reasons why I drink are just a little deeper.
My story goes way back.
I have many regrets".

Hi there,
My huge regret and problems were skimmed over too, then I added thick plaster and finally finished it off with inpenatrable concrete. I stood back and fell over drunk, from the floor, I looked up and could still see the cracks, in fact, there were more.

I'm now sober and realise the cracks only became bigger when I was in alcohol...not the buzzy first hour of the 1st bottle, but by the depressive early hours of the morning 3rd bottle in. It's taken 12 years for me to realise the regret and the problems only got worse the more I poured down my neck and the more regrets and problems I brought upon myself by my behaviour when drunk... the things I lost, the people I hurt, the things I said, The awful things I did, the money I wasted, the time I missed, the danger I put myself in and more.

I wish I had dealt with my initial regrets and problems in the first place, painful as they were before turning into the woman I became - an alcohol soaked semi functioning nightmare.
My advice is to address your drinking first, then deal with the emotional side of things when sober, I tried it the other way round and it simply didn't work, I just drank more. I wish you all the luck in the world, keep trying and know you really aren't alone, you are strong and can overcome this, step back, take a deep breath, tell the doctor Everything (don't worry about time) and listen, listen hard. The only thing to be scared of is the liquid you are pouring into yourself at the moment. Good luck Let us know how it goes.