Old 01-24-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Hi Keepcominback,

Originally Posted by keepcominback View Post
[Where is the promise that the craving and obsession for alcohol being removed are fulfilled when you work the 12 steps of AA?

Let's not make promises about when cravings or obsession being removed will be fullfilled.
It's not me making the promises, the Big Book does.

Most people are aware of the P83 promises "If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through........" because they are read a lot in meetings but there are lots of other promises in the book.

I just found this site where someone else has kindly listed them all if you are interested

Friends of Bill W. - The Big Book Promises

You say you get upset if someone promises you something and you don't get it.......does this mean that the person doing the promising is wrong?

Anyway back to the newcomer and the purpose of this thread - we offer hope and a solution.

In the early days all the newcomer is interested in is getting rid of the maddening and overwhelming cravings to drink alcohol and I have seen time and time again people on this site saying that they rarely ever think of alcohol when they are working the 12 Steps of AA. In my opinion that is the message the newcomer wants to hear.
Take care.