View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
newstartwanted

A big thankyou

I would like to say a big thankyou for all your good wishes.

I;ve now been sober a week and I feel really good.

I thought I might have a problem last night I went out to celebrate my friends birthday, we have been friends for over twenty years and normally if we go out we both end up mortal !! I was worried I'd be tempted to have "just" one ! My solution was take the car. I moved house just before Xmas and getting a taxi from the town would cost £23. I wouldn't drink and drive so there was my excuse had to take car.
Secondly we went for a Japanese meal which I have never had before, It was amazing sushi, lobster,steak all cooked in front of you by our own personal chef, We drank water which is a lot cheaper than two bottles of wine and I can honestly say I was really able to taste the food and hold an intelligent conversation with the other diners and chef and remember everything this morning. I didn,t insult anyone or wake up this morning cringing at my anticts.
I,ve been really busy at work and having a clear head has been a new experience.
I did have a bit of a headache on Thursday night I put it down to a bit of withdrawl Big glass of cranberry juice put me right. I think I've lost a bit of weight not much maybe two pounds but thats a good side effect aswell.
So on with tomorrow and I'm now going to read a few more threads then off to bed