View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

Have you seen an attorney? sorted out your options? If you file for divorce, provided you're married, you may be entitled to support, enough to help find a place for you and the kids.

You could also go stealth and start documenting his alcoholism and other nastiness, to help in court with the kids. I have several calls to the police under my belt from when he was drunk and threatening me. That really helps.

The issue, though, will be detachment. Can you be emotionally detached enough to pull it off?

Lots of other folks have stealthily found a place to live, carefully packed up some essentials and escaped. I would advice against staying until May or June, you said you're emotionally fragile and how much longer do you want to take this crap? Once you're away from him, you can have clarity and build up some sanity.

If you know he's going to be "mean" you may also want to seek advice from a domestic violence organization. They can help you deprogram yourself and put healthy boundaries in place.

My heart breaks for you. How old are your kids?