View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
isitme

To Tell or Not to Tell

I can’t figure out which way to go. I’ve finally had it and I’m planning to leave my relationship. The problems are of course in the details. The lease on the house is not up until May or June. I had planned to “play along” with making up for that length of time but am not sure I can do it. The reason I planned not to tell him I was leaving was so that he would be less likely to be mean in the period it will take for me to get all the details ironed out. I know that it will be miserable in the house if he knows what I’m planning. He’ll threaten to take the kids, be disagreeable and the put downs will fly. I’m feel fairly emotionally fragile right now and just don’t want to hear the never ending slue of remarks I’m sure would be aimed at me.

On the other hand I’m not sure I can pretend to make up either. As to him this means sweeping everything under the rug and having lots of make up sex, which sounds about as appealing as having my eyes gouged out.

How do you follow through with your plans? Do you tell them you’re leaving? Do you play make up against your better judgment and nauseous-ness? If I don’t tell and don’t make up it’s still going to be months of snide remarks and silent treatment.. Please help me do this to least painful way possible..