View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rdav74

stressed out and how to deal with it...

hey all,
I recently closed my restaurant down after a year and 1/2 of bad business. I live in a small town based on tourism and thought that once I closed the place down I would have absolutely no problem in finding work..was I wrong...so far my buddy who owns a local insurance company has me coming in 2 hours each night and telemarketing people about car insurance. Don't get me wrong--I am grateful for that, but it does not nearly pay the bills. I am broke, moving out of a house and looking for another, and trying to pay off bills that are pilling up.
The reason I'm writing this here is that I've quit drinking (and am so happy in doing so) but I'm starting to find that these mental walls around me are starting to get tighter and tighter. The stress is real, but the solution is no where to be found. I've tried to network myself out, put in applications everywhere, but still no answers...I have no desire to drink, fully understand the fuel it would add to the fire, but I'm starting to worry about my mental state. Has anyone ever been this close to the "wall" and if so, what did you do? I'm actually thinking about moving home to my parents house (im fing 35!) :wtf2 because a)they would allow it b)it's the only place i have for free.
This is a man with a work ethic, unafraid to get dirty, has 20 years of experience in the restaraunt biz and associates in business with a p.h.d in the art of bullshitting...
Feelings...they teach you that they are important....I am scared and I can't stand being scared. I'm using this to vent, I'm not looking for anyone to solve my problem, but just would love to hear some stories, advice..because I'm trying to reach out and not internalize!
so far, this is my day
rob d
day 15 with only caffience!