View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
fightingfiance

When I first came on this site I was told by almost every person I met to run as fast and as far as I could. My fiance is a meth addict who was sober for 3 years when we met and then relapsed after about a year of our relationship. He is sober now and has been for about 3 months. He proposed to me and I said yes. He is the love of my life and the father of my children and one of the greatest men I know. That is when he is sober. I have seen both sides of him. When it comes to marrying him I want to more then you can imagine however in the back of my head there is a constant fear and nervousness. What if he relapeses again? What if this beautiful sobriety is just for now? Can I handle living my life if it happens again? Can my children handle it? I have done the research and the recovery rate for meth is only 10% will he be that 10%? These are the things that run threw my head. Yet I choose to stick around because at the moment he is sober today he is clean. From the sounds of it you have a great support who is willing to stand by you and obviously loves you dearly. I would say give him and yourself time. It wont hurt either of you lol. Not only that but weddings no matter what the size can be slightly stressful take what you two have now and enjoy every min of it. Plus marrage is a piece of paper it doesnt change the way you feel about eachother with or with out it your still in love. Thats just my perspective.