View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eight Ball

My DD 19 would live with me and work part time to help out but as I have said, the figures do not stack up in any shape or form.

By the end of this year, my eldest DD 22 will have completed her studies which will ease some of my own particular outgoings. A particular phase of a project that I am working on comes to an end in March/April this year, so closer to that time I will learn if I am being involved in the next stage and have some more job security. Later this year, I will have access to social security too as I am currently on a visa that doesnt allow for access to government social security payments until I have lived here for two years. Not that I intend to use it but its another safety net.

We only have a couple of weeks to register and pay for DD to do her course but AH and I are barely on speaking terms at the moment. DD's BF has suggested that she also has a lot on her plate and to leave Uni for another year. She is understandably bitterly disappointed, worried she will get too old and cant understand a parent who wont support her in wanting to further her education, particulary as we have supported her sister.

I have no answers.