View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
mfrankl6

Originally Posted by dothi View Post
Talk to your kids - are they really happy living with their drunk mom who they can't feel comfortable bringing friends home to meet? You are assuming that their lives are better with AM in it. Please check out the neighing "Adult Children of Alcoholics" Forum. A negligent, selfish parent isn't necessarily better than no parent at all.

This is really common: the alcoholic's magical cure to all your problems. No self-work required - just one magical fix. The false promise tied to high hopes that all it will take is this one thing to make all the problems go away. Ask yourself honestly, will the problems go away if you move?

Draw a boundary, mfrank. "I will not have sex with you while you are drunk." That's it. Specify the action and specify the consequence. And then leave the toxic guilt at the door. You do not have to feel guilty fo protecting yourself. You do not have to feel guilty for not having sex that you did not consent to have.

I will check the teen forum I get your point. Generally, she passes out crying ! I have made it very clear to her and the counselor nothing will happen if she is drunk. She has gone 2 and 1/2 weeks and we were ok no major issues but I know what she was thinking I was ok I stopped drinking for him. I told her don't do it for me because what happens if I am not here you will be right back in the same position.