View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Hey Big Red! I'm so proud of you for coming on here and sharing everything that you have shared. . . shows such growth! I agree with the fact that most of the guys on the Bike Forum have either been burnt or know someone who was burnt by an addict. Then, if he mentioned crack, OMG! That has a whole different level of bad reactions from people. Kinda like if someone mentions that they got a dog and everyone says, "Oh, that's so cool!" Until the person replies that it's a pit bull. Instant bad rap! Just like some people think every pit bull is going to eat your children, some people think that a crack addict can never put it down and walk away like you have for nearly a year now! (You go girl!)

When we first met and you shared with me that you and Jeff started hanging out together when you were using, then you shared everything with him and he didn't walk away, I knew you had found someone very special. And the fact that he trusted you driving his cars fairly early in the relationship says alot. I think if he was worried about if you were serious about your Recovery, he would have never, ever given you the keys to his pride and joy to haul me around town! lol

Be patient! As addicts, we want it all now! Instant gratification! I'm wondering what the big rush to get married is all about. Could there be some trust issues that you have that you haven't really worked on? You did mention some pretty bad experiences with ex's lying and cheating. I think you may be afraid that Jeff's eventually going to do the same thing. You don't have to answer that on here, but give it some thought.

Again, I'm very proud of you.

Hugs,
Judy