Thread: My update
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
Ultimately I can't see the wood from the trees when it comes to how my alclholic mind may be operating thus if I decide it would be OK for me to smoke a joint or whatever then I would be back to that first drink quicker than I would devoir a pack of double choc chip cookies! LOL.
Honestly, I'm more worried that my occasional use of pot will lead not to drinking, but to more regular use of pot! Or that my occasional use of pain pills (w/ or w/out legit pain) will lead me not to drinking but to more regular use of pills, and that scares me of course, more so the pills than the pot but you get the gist of what I'm saying. Same would apply to nicotine. If I picked up a smoke today, I'd be WAY more concerned that it would lead me not to drinking, but a pack a day again and if I did smoke that butt I can guarantee that by the end of the day I would have smoked quite a few more and would have plans to smoke again the next day and the next...

And by this same logic, that is why I am afraid to have a drink...what it will lead to....more DRINKING not other stuff...