View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And he says he's not running, but he doesn't want to make that final commitment (marriage) until I have more clean time under my belt (which totally blows my dream of receiving a ring this Valentine's day, DARN IT). And I understand it on the one hand, but am not able to fully wrap it around my head on the other.
What's your hurry? Congratulations on your upcoming year clean, but sweetie you are still new to recovery and if I were him I would want to wait too, maybe another year.

It is suggested in the rooms that you don't get into any new relationship for at least a year. I understand that you had already begun (newly) with him before you got clean, but the reason for that "suggestion" is so that you can take the time you need to focus on yourself and your recovery and not be distracted by "relationship issues".

The choice of course is between you and him, but from where I sit he seems like a very wise man. That's not a personal shot at you, it's a positive observation on him and his patience.

Keep working on your recovery, and I have a feeling it will all fall into place exactly when it is supposed to.

Hugs