Thread: My update
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Well done mate. Like Dee syas it's your recovery. giving up and crucially staying off the booze ain't easy so you should be proud man.

I have come to the conclusion that just staying clean and sober just for today is just the easiest way for me too. Ultimately I can't see the wood from the trees when it comes to how my alclholic mind may be operating thus if I decide it would be OK for me to smoke a joint or whatever then I would be back to that first drink quicker than I would devoir a pack of double choc chip cookies! LOL. Besides for me I just really don't want to put any mind-altering chemicals in my body anymore. Tbh I do class myself as a drug addict as well as an alcoholic. Although I ain't really a battle for me to stay clean of drugs and I have to just focus on the booze, I know that when drunk I was a drug addict and that most people who used to take Ecstacy would proably stop after 10 pills! LOL. You get the picture.

Just for today I won't drink or use. Simple, effective and has the desired results. Don't mean to say I don't occasionally get nostalgic when I am listening to Jefferson Airplane or Yes or whatever but tripping for me was again different to most, where they were happy with one tab of acid I would triple drop because I was already drunk. I am glad I have had my experinces that I had but I saw that only bad would come in the future ie- I was finding tripping/rolling losing it's magic and becoming some what boring too, not worth the punishment on my body, so I would always start and finish with booze.

Man I'm rambling! LOL

Be proud of what you've achieved man "Nothing Else Matters"