View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I feel that being a recovering alcoholic who is still young it is even more imperitive to have an absolutely rigid, rock solid, unshakeable step 1 foundation.

This is really proving the case for me at the moment particularly on a Friday at work when talk of all the nights out are going on. I was questioned today about whether I could drink again ever in the future when I have "calmed down" and have kids/wife etc and I was rigid that I can never drink "One day at a time." I really feel that in order to not get hopelessly depressed about your situation then Step 1 has to be solid as a rock. certainly as a single male. You have to have absolute certainty that staying away from that first drink at all costs is gonna be worth it!! Especially when all the chcicks are going to the places where that first drink is being chcuked at you!!

I had my slight thoughts of Friday night jitters briefly enter my mind but I stay rigid and just let it all pass. The Longer I am in recovery the more I am starting to get to know my mind, though it still catches me unaware at times and I have to chant the serenity prayer over and over a few times!! LOL.

I have had some good news tonight which would never have happened if I was still playing around with the notion that I could ever take another drink. If I'm drinking I'm drinking and I ain't in life, even if I'm not drinking then I'm ultimately planning drinking. Now I can be active in the game of life. The two aint compatible for this 24 year old alclholic!!

peace and Love xxx