Thread: So Alone
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
myawakening
Seeking Serenity

Originally Posted by tigger11 View Post
But it's not the same as sharing a home, warmth, comfort, ideas, feelings, the burden of finances, hopes and dreams with a committed partner. I don't like it. Not one bit. But I am choosing this, and simply have to get through it and learn to be comfortable and even joyful by myself. Oh crap it's hard.
Tigg...I feel it too, and what we feel is normal. I often find myself worrying about my financial situation and I miss sharing my life with someone. There are still times I find myself thinking I need to tell (insert husbands name here) about this thing that happened or that thing that was funny. It hurts when those moments happen and I realize I can't. He was such a large part of my life for a very long time...it's natual to miss him in it.

But on the flip side...do we miss the dream of the man we used to have? I think so. The man I left was not the man I married anymore anyway. Plus...not sure about you, but towards the end...I didn't share any thing of importance with him anyway. It would either end up in an arguement or I just wanted to keep a part of myself from him. In any case...the bottom line is I didn't have someone to share my life with...even while he was physically in my life.

Give yourself time Tig. It's a process that we go through...and it's normal. One foot in front of the other...one day at a time. Before you know it...you will feel better.

(((HUGS)))