View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sunset2000
Sober Date 12/21/09

Talking

Okay, so tonight was my big date with "J". Wow, it was so good to see him. He was very complimentary, even though I know I'm at least 10 pounds heavier than the last time I saw him five years ago (that was before my drinking got bad).

I was a little nervous about how to handle the wine list thing, because when we first started going out back in the day we would drink a lot. Then one day he said he was taking a break from it. Not sure if he had a problem or was just partying too much. But tonight he asked if I wanted some wine, and I simply said, "No thanks, not doing the wine thing tonight, I'll just have a gingerale. But you go ahead." He asked for iced tea. :-) I think he might be a normie, in that he can take alcohol or leave it. That's good, I think.

The conversation went well and he said he'd like for me to come see his new house when he moves in a couple of weeks. He's very sweet and I've always really liked him. And he's super successful now with a very respectable position in the industry (which is also hot).

Anyway, we shared some nice flirty kisses in the parking lot (with the valet standing close by LOL) and I could tell he wouldn't mind if I wanted more. But he was a complete gentleman and said good night. When I got home I received an email from him saying he had a great time and would love to see me again.

Anyway, I know I'm not supposed to be concentrating on dating, so I will take this very slow. But to think that I can't date for a year, even six months isn't very realistic for me. Especially not at my age. But I do promise to keep a level head and look to you guys for support to make sure I handle this well, regardless of how it ends up. After several pretty miserable relationships, the thought of a nice, normal successful guy is very refreshing. But we need to really get to know each other again, as I am not the same person I used to be. I'm much better. And I need to be sure that he's worthy. hehe

By the way, the old me would have had at least two glasses of wine at dinner, expected more wine at his place, would have slept with him at the slightest provocation, and then hated myself in the morning. Yet another great example of how life is better without alcohol. :-)