View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sofacat
work in progress

That's right...I have 4 cats and 2 dogs and they are so happy to see me come home! So, adopt away!

I get what you are feeling, most of us worry when we break up with someone who is not good, we wonder if they will magically be perfect afterward and then some other woman gets to have the "fixed" version. Ugh...I get it....I soooo get it.

I have been away from my A now for a couple of weeks. I have been having a few rough patches in between, but nothing too crippling, ya know?

But I have been thinking about Him aside from his using, and there are things in this relationship that I haven't been happy with for awhile now. And maybe just the craze haze I've been living in for so long didn't allow me to see "all of it" clearly, as I had just been focusing on the drugs. I wonder now if he will get his sh!t together and have the perfect white picket fence life with somebody else after (martyr) I have done all the work! But, some pieces just don't fit, ya know?

It's easy to romanticize people when they are not in your face. I heard a quote in a movie once and I think it's true "Illusions are dangerous people, they have no flaws."

You're not a fluffer...and I think it's funny how you put that BTW! Perhaps these men didn't satisfy you completely either...aside from the using.

Now you have the chance to work on yourself without all that chaos. Could you imagine being with them right now and having to go through chemo too? Run away, run away! (Monty Python reference here)........you're doing good lady. Maybe you'll meet some hot Dr. Man through all of this! Just use all the strength you have filling your heart and mind with positive thoughts.

Thinking of you and sending happy thinking your way!