View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Grateful)) - I understand, somewhat, about being so frightened at how much a fall could traumatize you. When I tore the ligament in my hip, I panicked...what if this led to permanent problems with me walking? How would I work or take care of me? The vulnerability, in me, at least triggers the PTSD victim stuff and it became a huge ordeal, yet I kept saying "it's JUST a ligament, Amy....chill out!!!!" Thank you for putting into words, what I was going through.

((Live)) - I'm glad you spoke with your mom and dad, though I'm sorry that your mom's memory is failing. My grandmother, for years, would ask me "do you remember when..." about stuff when I was 2 years old, and I would say "I was a BABY, NO, I don't remember" but in the end I would just humor her. She was also a very bitter, angry person when I was younger, but mellowed after my mom's death (mom was her baby).

((Anna)) - I truly think there are quite a few of us codie-turned-addicts out there, but some aren't lucky enough to have realized it. I'd hate to think where I'd be, if I were still the raging codie I was.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy