View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Live

AW...Sweet Grateful....you give so much, it's only mutuality that you should also be able to talk about current issues and receive care, concern, tenderness!

I know that stress, mental traumas almost always hit me somatically (in my body) first.
The mind is overwhelmed or "in trouble", it gets shielded so that I can process it in the right time...but my body gives me ALERT signals.
And it can be a vicious cycle or run us through the full course, even if we do understand it.
SO, yes there is a very helpless feeling and an awareness of vulnerability...that is frightening and not entirely irrational.
What if it had knocked you unconscious etc? Do you have one of those life alert systems people wear around their necks? If you were disoriented and taken to the ER, you would not be able to communicate about your conditions and medications.
These things are scary to me too!!!!
I don't have any flags (yet LOL) but I will light a candle and pray over you.
I know it isn't reasonable but I always want the people I care about to not suffer and be pain free.
Maybe when/if you feel like it, maybe we can all chat about PTSD around...as it is so often related to co-dep issues and several of us struggle with it.