View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
InsideOut
Living in the moment!

Your not alone!!

Hey SunSet....Congratulations on 23 days!! Awesome!!! :ghug3

I remember last year during my 5 mth period of sobriety, I also got bored.....especially with my choices of beverages!! Coffee, juice, water, soda....that's it? How many different ways can I make those fun? Well, I guess they are nourishment for my body and don't need to Rock my World, like an alcoholic beverage!! Those drinks are what brought all of my misery, pain and guilt feelings that I am working through today!!

Have you ever considered a new hobby? Taking an art class, cooking class, kayaking, volleyball or joining a cycling team? What do you like to do? Learning something new can be sooooo exciting!!!

We use to ride our bikes ALL over Texas with a team, the comradery is amazing! Different charity rides, visiting many cities that I had never been to, beautiful scenery, the blue bonnets, lots of eating together, LoL!!.....I really miss riding my bike!! I was in very good shape in those days......about 6 years ago. Now, our bikes have been in storage for 5 years since my DH took this overseas job!! So we took up scuba diving the past 3 years which has been exceptional fun!!

I also spend many hours alone, while DH works so I have learned to quilt with a group of ladies in our compound. I spent the first few years overseas isolating with my booze so meeting once a week to quilt is a big step for me! I really enjoy making quilts for myself and making them for my family and friends! When I have a project going, I feel like I have a goal, something to complete!! I need that!!

I don't have any thoughts about dating......if I were single today....I would get on my bike and ride for miles!!

Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
I don't know. I just feel like such a big ball of a mess right now. I'm not even sure I know what it is I'm asking for help about. I just feel lost. Like I have no idea who I really am and how I really feel. Guess I'm just venting.

When is all of this supposed to start feeling better?????
I understand these feeling too, SunSet!! I am having a hard time even posting, putting my thoughts together....even right now! I feel lost too. Why am I telling you about riding my bike? Maybe I want to get back to that person, I know I have what it takes! Oh yeah, I live in the Middle East, I can NOT ride my bike here......crazy drivers!! I feel like my life has been on hold the past 5 years during this dreaded overseas job!! I miss my kids, family, friends and MY redneck culture!! It has been quite an adventure but I am ready for it to be over!! Hopefully, we will be moving back to Texas this summer!! I am counting the days!!

Day 12 for me.....I am feeling good about not drinking this time!!

Thanks for reading.....I am trying to be a part of SR, I know I need this to be successful in my recovery today!!