View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
meditation

I suspect the chocolate is a way to try to boost energy levels and chocolate is known for enhancing the brain receptor dopamine. I craved chocolate when I came off drugs. It goes away eventually.

I understand your feelings about feeling blah, I felt the same way coming off drugs. Just blah. No energy, no motivation sort of depressed boredom.
This goes away too. It takes time though, it's not overnight but gradually life feels stable and more interesting. I got re- interested in life again. I also had numbed so many feelings for so long that when I began to feel things it was a bit overwhelming. Simple things I had no problems coping with became huge hurdles.
I've got 16months clean and I have no desire to find relief in the bottom of a bottle or a pill bottle.
Some people find hobbies and other interests to replace drinking. Some people look for a spiritual answer to why they drank. Maybe make a list of all the things you want to do and accomplish and ways to reach those goals. Be kind to yourself meaning pamper yourself a bit now. I went nuts over bath products and I am sure some AA people will come along and help you out. I go to meetings, I meditate, I see a therapist. I don't ignore feelings anymore.
You will get better each day. It's a great thing to be sober and clean.