View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GiveLove

I'm thankful for this beautiful sunnysnowy winter's day, not too cold, not at all windy, just blue skies and sunshine.

I'm thankful that I can hear the birds on the branches outside my window, making their plans for spring. I'm thankful that their excited chirping is the loudest sound in this quiet, serene house.

I'm thankful that my little pug is amusing me by having a kicking-running-yapping dream next to my foot.

I'm thankful that, after much practice, I finally have a lot of tools to keep my brain from obsessing about the addicted loved ones in my life (thanks, SR)

I'm thankful that I've chosen a simple life, without much use for status or possessions, because I can enjoy small things like this perfect piece of cheese, this perfect crisp cold apple on my plate.

I'm thankful that our little town has a recreation center where I can go exercise, swim, sauna, or climb, for just a couple of dollars, and I feel like a million bucks afterwards.

I'm thankful for e.e.cummings' poem:
i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
I'm thankful for nodaybuttoday and for all of you, whose slow, steady movement in the right direction never ceases to amaze and delight me.