View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
blackbirdsing

Day 28 here and I'm feeling strong.

I'm curious to hear about what we are all doing to support our recoveries...

I know some are attending meetings, exercising, etc.- I'd like to hear more about what's working for everyone.

One thing I've done is made the decision to slow down for awhile. The last few years have been so stressful, the pressure of a very competitive academic setting, parenting... I've been burning the candle at both ends for years. I have one class left to complete my second degree in Fine Art. (it's one very difficult class that I kept putting off) I've decided to wait until spring quarter, and cut my teaching schedule to just one class this quarter. I do have a show coming up but without everything else I don't feel nearly as much pressure from that as I usually would. This will be the first show I've ever had or attended w/out a drink in my hand!!
Sometimes I question whether this 'vacation' is foolish, I took a big cut in pay... but I don't trust myself in super stressful situations yet. I feel like I should be doing more w/ this time to aid my recovery and healing. Curious to hear what's been helping you all.