View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mmeat

Random sober ramblings....

Hey guys! 9 days sober here, and feeling pretty good about it for the most part. I have some cravings, but not bad enough to be a day ruiner or anything.

I've been noticing lately alot of things that trigger drinking for me...and to be honest I've never really paid too much attention to them before. Now more than ever I notice all the commercials....the magazine ads..going to a restauraunt, and theres hints to buy beer and liquor EVERYWHERE!

---watching a hockey game...and the commercial suggests why not enjoy the game with a Crown and Cola?????

-----Smirnoff says..." For those nights you will never forget...have a vodka drink!!!" ( LOL...don't they mean for those nights everyone blacks out?? lol)

----Lance Armstrong..one of the best athletes in the world, is now promoting boooze...

---- I can't go anywhere it seems without the suggestion to drink.

What's wrong with our society???? Is it like this all over the world? Do people in Asia...or South America...or other places on this earth have BOOZE shoved in their faces 24/7?

---My friends call me and ask me to go for a beer or two. LMAO....seriously guys. FOr the last 15 years, a beer or two means going out....drinking at least a dozen beers...gettting absolutely sh**faced and end up ruining the night because we forget what happened, or how we got home.

OK guys....I'm sorry... I had to get some things off my chest...and it feels great to do so

Does anyone else notice these things?