Old 01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Great post Kjell. Never really thought about it like that before but i guess you're right... An alcoholic/addict can never just "enjoy" the moment as thoughts of where the next beer/hit is coming from are always present and also the behaviour has so many repercusions that constant worry and forward planning is required ie- will be bed-ridden tomorrow etc or won't be able to go to work because I will still be wrecked or too ill etcetc. Your post also took me back to my Marijuana days, I can totally relate to that feeling of Worry about being too high. I used to get anxious and paranoid about stuff like that when smoking Bud so I sort of cut it out and just got into E's and Coke and favourite medicine of all BOOZE. I loved booze cause when i was drinking I didn't care about anything or anyone really.

Peace ps- Very snowy in UK at the moment. Last year when we had snow I was drinking 8.4% cider at 8.00AM and voomitting in the kitchen sink just through the smell of it. Man I was in a mess. Glad to be out of that crap now.