View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 19!

That alone is quite an accomplishment. This is about the time when you're going to start having emotions pop up that you forgot you had. I know when I had around that time, I would cry at the drop of a hat, get angry and not know why but most of all, have feelings that I couldn't even begin to identify with. You're putting your feelings into words very well!

Of course that would upset you that you hit the dog. What crossed my mind was that the man could very well be the owner of the dog and had time to check it out while you were turning around. Keep that thought in mind, ok?

As far as not going for the interview, I think you made the right choice! As you said, you already have a great deal of stress and responsibility at the job you have now. The last thing you need at this time is to add anything else to your plate. Keep it Simple! There will always be other job openings down the road, but you aren't guaranteed another Recovery if you would take this job and it be too much for you to handle and you relapsed.

That's fantastic that you found someone who you could really identify with. And good for you for getting her phone number. One of the hardest things to do in early Recovery is picking up the thousand pound phone. Keep in contact with her. Sounds like someone who you have a connection with already.

Take it One Day at A Time.

God Bless,
Judy