View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

kjell if you are serious about getting a new sponsor, I would suggest looking for what I unknowingly at the time got for a sponsor, a man that has a number of years under his belt, takes one through the steps as they are spelled out in the first 164 pages of the BB.

He took me through the steps as rapidly as I needed/wanted to go through them, but he also made sure that I was ready to go on to the next step. He told me that he was willing to take me through the steps as rapidly as needed.

The steps for me were the key for me, they led me to a conception of God that I chose & understood, they led me to an understanding of myself, the good, the bad, and the ugly, they led me to clean up the wreckage of my past without harming others and finding the ability to forgive myself for my past, they have led me see me for who I really am, to be able to change as I need to change in a manner which has allowed me to be of maximum benefit to others.

The steps led me to being set free of not only my alcoholism, but of myself.

If you stick with your present sponsor be open with him, be honest with him, if you are struggling let him know. A sponsor can do nothing unless he is aware of the struggles of a sponsee.