Old 01-05-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Well I am old & dumb!!! I have no idea how to post up those cute little pics, but I sure do know how to laugh, cry, look people in the eye and not feel as though I am being judged or looked down upon.

Today I am 90-95% of the time those people I used to despise in meetings, you know, those people who have a twinkle in their eye and a spring in thier step! Those people who laughed easily and for real reasons. Those people who are at peace with the world and comfortable in their own skins!

Oh I will never forget early sobriety, I had a little over 2 months sober, as usual I had gotten to a meeting early and was sitting alon on the side of the room....... I had this funny feeling and I just could not put my finger on it, not a bad feeling, just a feeling I was totally unfamiliar with. Then it dawned on me. I was sitting there not talking to any one, nor listening to anyone, and for no real reason except I was alive and sober........ I was smiling!!!! I was where I needed to be and things were okay.