View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wichitalineman

Hey there HumbleStudent,

Much like InsideOut, I felt as if I was reading something I wrote as I read your post. You are definitely not alone in this one. I too feel that I have spent a huge amount of time just debating the issue in my mind - much less the actual time drinking, or whatever. Just reclaiming that time alone, the time I have spent thinking about this issue, is a huge motivating factor for me to really make a decision and stick with it.

I am also on 8 days (as of this 'insomniax' early, early morning). Quit for 2 weeks as well about 2 months ago; went good and just drifted back. I knew I was heading out on a month long vacation (back 'home', first time in over a year), and I knew quitting right before this rendezvous with old friends would be an exercise in futility. I knew that when the vacation was over that it was going to be 'the time'. Skipped NYE debauchery and woke up on New Year's Day and got some exercise! That has got to be a first, exercise on New Year's Day... !

Humble, InsideOut, I am glad you both are here. We're all on just about the exact same page. Hang in there! Rock on.

//_wlx