View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain View Post
Don't you think some people have a drinking problem but don't know it or don't care enough or have the intellectual mindset to try and understand how much or why they drink, not deep thinkers etc.? They too are alcoholics are they not? I have workfriends who never contemplate have any idea how many drinks they consume in an average week. I even asked them. But I know its alot, way too much but they just don't understand the negative impact it has on them, or there life. You would think they were just drinking pop or something the casual way they speak of it.
Congrats on Day 3!

It is not for me to judge whether someone else is an alcoholic or has a "problem." If I'm too busy measuring everybody else's level of addiction, I'm not focusing enough on my own.

What/when/how much somebody else drinks is their business, not mine. Comparing ourselves to anyone else is futile; we have no idea what journey they're on and it's not for us to save the world, only ourselves.

There's a reason I chose the world "Humble" for my SR name...I don't always measure up to it, but I continue to try...

Peace ~