View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mssweetums
MsSweetums

Thank you Bucyn.

I don't want my life to be consumed by his problems. That is why I chose to leave him alone. I decided that it would be best to not be involved with the family also (by family, I am referring to his cousins). His mother, brother, and sister don't enable him, so they weren't the ones that he was recruiting..

No, I don't love him, I do care about him alot. The person that I met was funny, sweet, thoughtful, caring, and fun to be around. We could not get enough of being around one another. We also had a few shared interests, and enjoyed alot of the same things. I know now, (looking back), that most of it had to be an act. Either way it goes, that guy is the one that I was enjoying, he is the one that I kept waiting on to show back up, after all of the problems began.

The only thing that I do know is that I have never been in a relationship of any kind like this before. I want to unlearn whatever it is, that took me down this road. I don't want to repeat this performance with another person in my future. So, I know that I need to fix myself...just trying to figure out where to start, or how to stop my head from spinning. I will start with the books that were suggested.

Today, I still feel like I am the crazy one, and that I must be really dumb. Posting here does help, and I appreciate your support.