View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes! In early recovery, I did find it difficult to come here and read and talk about alcohol. It's the same reason I never wanted to attend AA meetings. Now, before I get slammed for that, I know that AA has helped a bunch of people stay sober and I have nothing at all bad to say about AA. It just wasn't for me. Everyone is different. I had to back away from SR for a while until I felt comfortable enough to talk about alcohol without wanting a drink. January 6 will mark 18 months of sobriety for me. It doesn't bother me at all now to come here and offer experience, strength and hope to others who are going through what I went through. It helps some people need to read about bad experiences with alcohol. It reminds them of why they don't want to return to that life. With me, I knew there were people here who would support me when I needed it, but didn't spend a lot of time here until I had several months of sobriety under my belt. Whichever way works for you, I have to say...Thank God for SR!