Thread: Triggered!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kittyboo

I understand.
But even if he hasn't done anything... it is a situation that causes great pain for you.

If there are things you need to do to balance out your emotions for now, then that is what you should do. JMO

Before I had deleted my facebook page, I blocked my XA. That choice came after I saw a picture of him and his gf up with their carved pumpkins. Something so simple as that threw me into a depression for a weekend because I then realized that he did nothing but make excuses to not ever do anything with me, that he lied to me so much. I was so hurt by that one picture. I hadn't spoken to him in over a month at that point.... and I blocked him.
Not because he, in that moment, did anything wrong. He didn't. I blocked him for my emotional sanity. I blocked him because the pain of having any connection to him was too great for me. And still is.
And until I am more balanced in my life, and truly past the pain that I feel; when I reach indifference, then I will return to facebook.

Does that make sense? I mean, this is what I had to do for me. And what you have to do for you may be different. But I also think when there is something that brings pain....it's time to seperate yourself as best you can.