View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
...and it ain't pretty

Trying not to speak in absolutes, but I've been thinking lately about how my life was, how I was living it, and how I treated others.

Selfish, self centered, grandiose, scared & fearful. Damn...it's true. Just like the book said. I was but a scared little boy living in a grown up world.

I drank and drugged b/c I liked the feeling. I liked the feeling of feeling and acting important. I liked the feeling of making "friends" easy, of making lovers easy, and of pleasure seeking made easy. I liked my reputation as the party guy b/c I wanted people to respect me and this was the easy way of doing it. Etc...Etc...Etc...

Now I realize it was all a lie. It was all a lie b/c I didn't earn a damn thing, I took the easy way and lied, cheated, and stole my way through life. I did this mostly to feel good, to not have to face my feelings, and to portray what I wanted the world to see me as. ...and not to see me as I was.

I gotta lot of work to do.
Yup, me too!! At least we've come to recgonise this while we can still do something to improve our lives. Many don't put it together until on their death bed. Just gotta keep at it!! Take care.