View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
McGowdog

We had a weird topic tonight and it lead to what I think is a very good meeting. Daydreaming. A passage from the 11th Step was read, but the topic was more in line with staying focused and disciplined at times when we need to.

The chair person is a guy who is getting up in years and is finding that he doesn't have the brain capacity that he once did and the ability to multi-task like he used to. He's learned to rely more and more on intuition and inspiration. Examples would be driving down the road and being able to recall what happened the last 5 blocks and missing a turn, etc. Also things like paying attention and listening when others are talking, especially if they are talking about stuff that's not necessarily engaging to us. If you want to maintain and build on relationships, paying attention to this stuff can go a long way.

But discussion of intuition, inspiration, creativity, and just goofing off and engaging in fantasy got brought up.

I thought it was a good and fresh topic.

So David, I'm wondering where you go to meetings up there in Denver Colorado; Happy Way, Monday Night Group, York Street, D.A.A.T., Romper Room, Dragon's Den... aka Bill and Bob's Excellent Adventure, 321 Buckley, Vitality, EDIT, ARRID, Lilly Gulch, Puttin' Sober, Little Red House...?