View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ladyhawk69

I'm not sure what state you are in, but in NY even if he IS on the lease, you can get him out. (Especially if you feel threatened in any way) If you don't get the answers you need from local police, call your State Police. Change the locks and make sure your landlord has a copy but not him. That way he has no access to the house and they CAN arrest him for tresspassing. (Or B&E if he's that dumb) Do you have a PO Box or a physical address? If it's a physical address, he can prove residence by his mail. Good luck to you and STAY STRONG. Every day that passes will be easier. Get a journal and write down all the bad things he's done in the past year. Then, write down the good. Put it on the refrigerator. Also, this is a good one to put in view and READ IT EVERYDAY: (It is not one of my originals, it is borrowed)

"He does not dictate my self worth or anyting that has to do with who I am as a person. He chooses his own reality and makes his own decisions, not me. It's not my job; it's his for the rest of his life. Only I can dictate my own happines and positive self esteem and I am happy about that. In the past, relying on others for it was unrealistic, unhealthy and fake. I make my own reality."

Good luck to you!